Jun 27, 2013

Moving with the Dough.

I told my partner, in future, if we couldn't find for ourself, a shop lot to open our bread & bakery business (if we are short in money, that it), we used our legs to sell them if we have too! I imagine the idea of bakery on wheels. Move+able bakery shop! Even back in 1960, the idea of fresh baked bread concept was in the adverts. Guess my ideas ain't new afterall. 


Well the only moving thing that's the closest to my crazy idea is (in my country, that is) the "roti man". Yes, the guy who sells all sorts of bread & junks too. Heheheheh! Every evening, you will hear the "roti man" on his motorcycle, uses his horn to indicate that his near. We would run like mad (first shouting, "Uncle roti man! Tunggu!!") looking for our mom to ask for some money. And still shouting "Tunggu! Roti man, tunggu!!" LOL! But I just realized, its been a long time since I saw a roti man near my home. It seems like it is slowly vanishing as the years go past quickly. Has the technology made kids or adults stop playing or do any outdoor activity?







Boo-hoo techno.

Anyways, moving on. I saw a photo from Trendhunter and was inspired by it. It's Del  Popolo, San Francisco's famous traditional pizzeria foodtruck.

Snippets from the website:-
"...Del Popolo is housed in a twenty-foot transatlantic shipping container that's been re-purposed and modified into a kitchen. A wall of glass doors exposes the interior, including the traditional Italian-made wood-fired oven..."
How smart is that! My partner's been talking about if only he could baked his dough in a clay oven, and voila! I found the perfect inspiration for my crazy mobile idea with his "I-think-its-not-possible-to-have-a-clay-oven-in-your-crazy-mobile-bakery". And when I showed him the photos, he was like,

"Cool."










And my thoughts - Men.

I kept doing more research, Google-ing, "movable bakery, bakery truck, bread van, bread mobile" but nah, nothing came closed to what I have in mind. What I got was, I think, mostly are delivery bread van/truck/vehicle/bike. 

My only options was, I've got to take the concept of mobile food truck and juxtaposed it to my crazy mobile bakery shop. These are some of my favorites. 













If you're wondering how is my hometown's food vendor or food truck looks like? Well, it ain't that grand or tastefully designed, but it sure damn well sells good food! Maybe cause it's not really our culture to "pimp" our trucks or carts or vendors, or maybe we ain't that creative enough, therefore, that is why I will, one fine day, be the, "among the few", to start this concept. Hehehehehe..! Wow! What a dream huh? 






























See, pretty boring, yes. The same van type, white and boring. Hehehehe. One day, a bakery shop on wheels will be near your street. And it will be awesome! LOL!!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers? I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Many thanks! movers studio city

    ReplyDelete