Jun 25, 2012

Lights, yellow, furniture

Was doing some browsing through online today. And I was attracted by this photo. I love the usage of colours, composition, design, furniture and art. It's so cozy and welcoming. Feels like, you want to wake up every morning and have delicious fluffy pancakes with maple syrup and strawberry. 


This kinda interior really helps to boost up one's mood. Doesn't this image just give you a pleasant feeling. Well, I do. Got this beautiful image from House Beautiful website. I've been following this website for quite sometime as it's a very good home interior ideas-to-get. It's not as if, I have a home like them photos, but it does helps keep me updated with the ID world as I've been ID-less for a long time. *sigh*

If you read the article, they introduce the designers and also brand of the product used in this image. And I did a lil' sneak peek. The colours painted on the walls are from Benjamin Moore. You can only get them in the States. But there's nothing wrong to know, right. :) The colour code for the beautiful yellow is called, Inner Glow 348 Paint. 

" Surround yourself with your color favorites. These timeless, elegant, Classic Colors guarantee beautiful, usable color all the time, every time."


I sure did. Gorgeous yellow. Not to bright, not to neon, just classic.  But you've got to understand, colouring a wall is not the only solution to "I want to make some changes" changes. I notice some faults people make, that they expect a painted wall will make a whole load of differences. Depending. If you have been living in a house that has been a white painted walls and having neon bright furniture, or carpet or any decoration, you can't just pick a colour that "YOU" like. You have to see the harmony of the space and interior. Let your room speak for the perfect wall colour.

Furniture makes a difference too. Now, the kitchen really have a harmonized interior. The usage of everything goes really well. How they compliment each other. Yes. They do. And I'm sure you agree too. The simple yet stylish yellow (or written in the website as "citron") table brings the heart of the space. Like a focal point. So, again I did a lil' sneak peak of the recommended link for the table. It was from HB Home. It's a Retail + Design studio company. I've always wanted to (one fine day) have a company like this. A design + retail + a bakery. Crazy. Again, the company brings in a....
"...furniture collection represents a classic point of view with a modern twist."
Here's some of their beautiful pieces.







Again. Gorgeous!! I get so jealous. I wish I was in the working industry again. * Don't worry, you will. My conscious self speaking to me-self. I will. I know I will. Once we are done and ready to settle home, we will open our bakery + interior. Insy'Allah.

Next, the website introduce us to a name.
"Designer Lindsey Coral Harper turned wire side tables from ABC Carpet & Home into stools..."
And there I go again, snooping around. LCH Interiors an interior designer from Georgia, USA. Studied ID and pursue her careers in NY. Then she moved to London and did her internship with Ralph Lauren and also worked her ways up to work with a decorating firm called Richard Keith Langham, Inc in Manhattan. How I wish I had that kinda experience. 

But working in Malaysia, it is yet to be developed. Maybe the ID industry hasn't bloom that much as in the USA or Europe. But, I am so inspired by them. Even my first favorite designer was DebbieTravis. I first got hooked up to be an interior because of her show, Debbie Travis' Painted House. And I think that was back in 1995...? *Sigh. Good ol' memories.

Back to LCH. She turned the wire side tables into a stool. DIY! How cool is that! Buy a side table and add puffy cushions on it. Voila! ABC Carpet & Home is a all-in-one furniture/jewelry/bed&bath/children & etc store. 

And last but not least. The pendant light. When I went to their website, I was so fascinated by all their designs. It's just beautiful! Robert Abbey Inc. has been a designing and making fine lightnings for homes and offices since 1946. They have about 4-5 designers in their design team. And I've got to salute them!

I've got no more words to say, but check out their awesome, beautiful & excellent design (classic & timeless) lighting. Oh, by the way. The kitchen interior uses R.A's Potter Pendant light.




There you go. In just 1 image, there are many things to explore. And for me, it's a good exploration. I get to know more and expand my knowledge. Hoping that this will help me not stop what I love to do. Interior designing. I hope you guys feel the same way too. Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment